Brown Patch / Summer Patch
A widespread lawn disease caused by Rhizoctonia fungus that weakens the root but does not always kill off the grass.
Water deeply, but infrequently in the morning rather than in the evening and maintain proper nitrogen fertility.
Moderate amounts of nitrogenous fertilizer, early morning watering and refrain from watering in the evening. Also, mow on a frequent basis with sharp blades.
- Yellow/brown circular areas of dead grass
- Fish or frog eye appearance
- Cobweb-like growth around blades in morning
- 60-70°F temperatures
- Low nitrogen
- Cooler weather in spring and fall
- All species of turf grassare susceptible